It is common to lose 50 to 100 hairs a day but when it exceeds you might be experiencing hair fall. Mostly you can lose hair due to heredity, hormone changes, stress, medications or medical conditions.
Nowadays many men, women even children can experience hair loss. Hair fall or hair loss can make you lose your mind. But if you know the causes of hair fall, you can easily tackle it on your own.
Treating hair loss with the below tips is possible.
How to Prevent Hair Loss
1. Treat Your Hair Gently
First treat your hair well and be kinder to your hair. Things to follow to prevent hair damage.
- Be gentle while washing your hair
- Avoid tugging or pulling
- Use wide-toothed comb when hair is wet
- Avoid curling, straightening, coloring your hair which results in severe hair damage
- Avoid tight hairstyles like buns, ponytails or braids
2. Avoid Stress
The root cause of hair fall is over stress and tension. Reducing your stress level helps in hair regrowth. Practice yoga, meditation or take walks which help in reducing stress level and calm your mind.
3. Drink Plenty of Water
Your hair shaft is largely comprised of 25% water. Staying hydrated is vital for tissue growth and health. Drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
4. Balanced Diet
Incorporate more herbs into your daily diet. Sage helps in increasing your hair density and effective in encouraging new hair growth while rosemary stimulates hair growth. Increase the daily intake of foods which are in abundant in protein. Milk, egg white and fish are the best sources of protein. Also, eat foods which are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Fall Treatment
1. Oil Scalp Massage
Scalp massage helps in stimulating hair follicles and to increase hair growth. Studies show that essential oils like rosemary, lavender and thyme prevent from hair thinning and balding.
Take olive or coconut or almond oil and add few drops of lavender or rosemary or thyme oil to it. Then massage this mixture gently on your scalp. Leave it for 1 hour and wash it off.
2. Natural Juices
Apply or rub topical or crude onion juice on your scalp and leave it on overnight. Then wash your hair in the morning. The sulfur content in onions boosts collagen production and increase hair growth.
Also, you can apply garlic juice or ginger juice on your scalp to make your hair stronger.
3. Green Tea
An anti-oxidants in green tea prevents hair loss and helps in hair growth.
- Dip 2 – 3 teabags in two cups of hot water.
- Cool down and apply this warm green tea on your scalp and leave it for 1 hour and then rinse it.
4. Egg Mask
Egg contains sulfur, iodine, selenium, protein, zinc and phosphorous which help to promote hair growth.
- Take one egg white and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil into it.
- Beat it to make a paste and apply it from root to tip.
- Wash it with a mild shampoo after 20 minutes.
5. Coconut Milk
It has essential fats and protein which promotes hair growth and stop hair from falling. Lauric acid in coconut milk prevents dandruff, scalp & skin infections. Also, it acts as an excellent moisturizer for your hair.
- Apply coconut milk on your hair and massage it for about 5 – 10 minutes. Then rinse it off.
- Apply coconut oil on your hair and scalp and leave it overnight and wash your hair next morning. It helps to nourish the scalp and controls sebum overproduction.