We all want your smartphones to work smooth and fast. But gradually with time your android devices become sluggish and slow. But why does it happen? Can’t the android devices run the same as it was running when you bought it for the first time.
Well! Android devices are prone to speed issues. Whether it’s an expensive one or a low end budgeted device, the low storage capacity and accumulated data in the android makes your phone run slow.
Android devices store cache and data to make your user experience smoother and fast. However, with time, the accumulation of a large number of cache causes the device to become sluggish and unresponsive. The performance of the android device reduces further when your android phones have a low internal storage.
So, what is the solution? Should you switch to a new Android phone in every 6 months or buy an advanced high storage android device?
No, you need to go with any of these options.
Thankfully, we have the solutions through which you may improve the android device’s performance and make it faster. In this post, you will find a complete guide of solutions for speeding up your Android device and optimize its performance. So, let’s take a quick glance.
Quick Tips to Make Your Android Faster
If you want to make your android smartphone or tablet faster, then you need to make some basic changes in your phone. Don’t worry these tips and changes will not affect the functioning of your device but will only improve the speed and make your user experiences improved and finer.
1. Clean Up Your Home Screen
You might like keeping beautiful wallpapers and various widgets on the home screen. But little do you know that these features are slowing down your android. Live wallpapers and widgets use the RAM and processor of the phone and continue updating in the background.
A heavy home screen makes the phone unresponsive while switching away from any heavy app. If your phone is low on storage, then your home screen redraws frequently. It means when you switch between apps or home screen, you find a blank screen for a few seconds before all the widgets, icons and wallpaper again reloads.
Thus, it is suggested that you keep a lean home screen and only keep the widgets that are very necessary. Also, use less number of windows on the home screen to run your device smoothly.
2. Clear Cache and Unnecessary Data Timely
Photos, videos and cache degrades the device’s performance. Therefore, you must always clean phone cache and unused files in a specific interval of time. Delete the duplicate images, videos and files that are consuming your phone space.
To clear cache in your phone, follow the following steps:
- go to Settings>> Storage>>Tap to internal storage.
- Tap Cached Data>> Click to OK.
- You may also use Android Cleaner apps to clean cache and remove duplicate images, videos and files.
3. Disable Unnecessary Animations
Animations allow you to navigate your smartphones but these may also cause delay and sluggishness. By disabling them, you may easily speed your android and make it faster.
For disabling the animations in your android phones, follow these steps:
- Go to device’s Settings>> Tap on the About Phone option.
- Tap on the Build Number 7 times.
- After repeated tap, the Developer Options on your phone get enabled.
- Now, go back to Settings>> Developer Options
- Scroll down and you will find options such as Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.
- Tap on each of the options and disable or turn off the animations.
4. Stop Auto Syncing of Apps
You may want to get updates of each moment but your this habit may be taking toll on your phone. Every social, news, weather or other app that you install gets online after 15 minutes and drains your battery and device resources. Hence, it is important that you keep a check over it. Turn off the syncing or set a longer schedule for their synching. You may also update them manually in order to reduce the speed issues.
To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings>> Tap on Accounts or User Accounts.
- Tap on the account for which you want to stop syncing.
- Tap Account sync.
- Turn it off.
5. Update Your Device Software Regularly
Every Android device offers OS version updates that come along with bug fixes, UI improvements and system stability updates. It improves the device’s performance and allows your android to run smoothly. Also, updating your phone provides security update patches that reduces the possibility of any threat to your phone. It replaces the old features of your android and makes the user experience better.
To check the available system update and update your phone, you should follow these steps.
- Check for the active Internet connection or WiFi.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone.
- Tap it to check for an update. You will find an “Update” button, if there is any available update.
- Tap to install the update. You may find options such as Install Now, Install System Update or Reboot as per the version of your Android OS.
Hopefully, now you know how to speed up your device and make your phone faster without any professional assistance. These five simple and quick tips can be performed easily without worrying about the security and functioning of your android device. So, speed up your device now!